HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Welcome to 2023
A huge congratulations to our winners of Term 4 2022 ‘Fear’ comp. Well done to all of you!
We’d like to award every student that entered a prize but unfortunately we can’t (but we’d like to!) and so many of you were SOOOO close to being chosen as winners so don’t despair if your story wasn’t chosen as a winner this term because in our eyes you’re a WINNER for writing one in the first place. So keep entering, because we absolutely LOVE reading your stories.
We’d also like to say a BIG thank you to the school communities for supporting our competition and encouraging their students to enter, we’ve had multiple entries from loads of schools and we’re really grateful to teachers for encouraging your students to enter.
A big thank you also to our sponsors – @ventraip , @readingsbooks , @express_media , @storycraftworkshops and @officeworks
So please join Rebecca and I (Joe) on congratulating our winners.
Year 10 – 12 Winners
• Ten Minus Two (Tu) by Amelia Tu, Shalom College, QLD
• For Fear of a Writer by Zara Perry, Ravenswood School for Girls, NSW
• Under the Tree by Zoe Copeland, St Joseph’s Regional College, NSW
• I Fear by Carmel Bai, Ravenswood School for Girls, NSW
• The Fear by Abigail Barfield, Pymble Ladies college, NSW
• Tsunami’s Dance by Shreya Dutta, Hornsby Girls High School, NSW
• The Moment Before by Emily Brown, Home Education Unit, QLD
• Bundle of Cries by Aiesha Kilgannon, Willunga High School, SA
• Sleepless Night by Alphonsa Benjamin, The MacRoberston Girls High, VIC
• The Classroom by Alanna Lu, Trinity Catholic college, NSW
• Anxiety by Hana Wong, Modbury High School, SA
• The Trapped by James Hillier, Newtown High School of the Performing Arts, NSW
• My Birthday Present by ANONYMOUS, Hornsby Girls High School, NSW
Year 7 – 9 Winners
• Slipped by Noa Gomberg, Mount Scopus Memorial College, VIC
• Fight, Flight or Fright by Alna George, Yeronga State High School, QLD
• Memories Mourned by Sarah Morrow, Albany Senior High School, WA
• Ink by Harry Tong of Knox Grammar School, VIC
• In the Spotlight by Amy Parker, Gosford High School, NSW
• Walking on Eggshells by Charlotte Davis, St Patrick’s College, NSW
• The Fear of Failing by Lily Grant, St Mary’s College, NSW
• Kalubauf by Ren Howe of Mt Eliza Secondary College, VIC
• Once She Was Afraid Of by ANONYMOUS, Amity College, NSW
• 3050 by ANONYMOUS, Western Grammar School, NSW
• Neurodivergent Meltdown by Mikah Williamson, Bunbury High, WA
• The Tormentor by Meira Walsh, Aviation State High School, QLD
• City Loop by Zoe Morris, Melbourne Girls’ College, VIC
• What is Bravery Without Fear? by Saarim Qazi, Western Grammar School, NSW
• My Enemy, by ANONYMOUS, Mount Eliza High School, VIC
• – la lune, crains-la by Karunamuni Sanuli Karunaratne of Marist Regional College, TAS
• Fear by Ellen Wei, Taroona High School, TAS
We will be publishing all our winning entries over the coming days and weeks. We also encourage you to read our Judges Report by clicking the link below:
Please take the time to read our Judges Report here for further insight AND…
We’ve just opened entries for our first competition of 2023 with the multi-faceted, multi-layered theme of “LOVE”
Please spread the word to your students, friends, membership base, children, social networks, and anyone you think would be interested in submitting their work for the chance to win terrific prizes while flexing their creative muscle. We’d love to read their entries!
Thanks for your ongoing support,
Joe and Beck.