Congrats to our Term 2 ‘Mask’ Competition Winners 👏👏👏👏. We say it every year and every term but the fact remains that you guys make it so difficult for us to choose winning entries but choose we must.
So, to the following fantastic writers, well done, we are proud of you and hope your school, family and friends are as well. To all of you who entered, we are proud of you too. Just because your story was not selected as a winner does not make it any less special, it will find its audience so KEEP WRITING.
A big thanks to our wonderful sponsors at Express Media, VentraIP Australia, StoryCraft Creative Writing WorkshopsMornington Peninsula News Group and Bing Lee for your generosity and supporting our next generation of writers.
Without further ado, it is an honour to present to you our winners. (Stay tuned for more announcements on our Honourable Mentions and Local Writer’s Award winner.)
Year 10 – 12 Winners
🥇First Place – White Face / Red Face by Anne Fo, Mount Waverley Secondary College, VIC
🥈Second Place – The Masquerade by Saskia de Leeuw Kyle, Fitzroy High School, VIC
🥉Third Place – Green Nostalgia by Fire Chicken Noodles, Shalom Catholic College, QLD
Year 7 – 9 Winners
🥇First Place – A Masked Man by Yihan Zhang, Meridien School, NSW
🥈Second Place – Broken Glass by Adrita Saha, James Ruse Agricultural School, NSW
🥉Third Place – Sugar and Spice by Anonymous, Lyneham High School, ACT
📢 Mornington Peninsula Local Writer’s Award
🌟 Manners by Anonymous, Woodleigh School, VIC
📣 Honourable Mentions – Senior Division (Years 10 – 12)
Congratulations to the writers receiving Honourable Mentions for their stories in our Senior Division of Term 2’s ‘Mask’ comp, you should be proud of your achievement. We will do our best to publish all winning entries over the course of the term.
- The Empress’s Golden Veil by Tahj Dimmer, Batemans Bay High School, NSW
- Wearing the Willow (my wooden mask of ignorance) by Amelia Tu, Shalom College, QLD
- M for Mask by Alexia Kavellaris, Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak, VIC
- Masked for Eternity by Taanvi Deenadayaalu, St Monica’s College, QLD
- Broken Plasterine by Kiro Vanderwacht, Alta-1 Merriwa, WA
- Helter Skelter by Syazwana Saifudin, Suzanne Cory High School, VIC
- The Anxious Android Affair by Eliott Bidstrup, Birchip School, VIC
- A Photon in Double Split by Ria Saini, James Ruse Agricultural High School, NSW
- Floating Message by Alicia Warhurst, Bray Park High School, QLD
- What Am I? by Molly Menzies, Loreto Kirribilli, NSW
- Untitled by Ian Cao, Hurlstone Agricultural School, NSW
- Progression by James Crowle, Waverley College, VIC
- Concealed by Anonymous, Mount Waverley Secondary College, VIC
- Together til the End by Maulee Jain, James Ruse Agricultural School, NSW
Congratulations to the writers receiving Honourable Mentions for their stories in our Junior Division of Term 2’s ‘Mask’ comp, great work, you and your school community should be very proud of your work. We will do our best to publish all winning entries over the course of the term.
- Behind Closed Doors (Your Mask Falls Off) by Ivanka Welsh, Shalom College, QLD
- Breaking News by Tyler Pitt, Shalom College, QLD
- Woman In a Man’s Ring by Jess Cooling, Kinross College, WA
- Light of Hope by Nicholas Jorgensen, Bendigo south East College, VIC
- Day of My Diagnosis by Neve Welsh, Tombolo Academy, VIC
- Veiled Essence by Benedict Akbarzadeh-Haendel, Tombolo Academy, VIC
- A House in Flames by Isla Attard, Magdalene Catholic College, NSW
- The Worm Within by Harper Baker, Maryborough State High School, QLD
- I Just Want to Fit In by Amy Jochheim, ACEN Chanel College, QLD
- Free by Manaia Bolger, Trinity College, Beenleigh QLD
- I Want the Mask to Fall by Kaavya Gupta, Abbotsleigh Anglican School for Girls, NSW
- Loud Laughter by Katherine Lam, Presbyterian Ladies’ College, VIC
- Spotlight by Aiden McCaffrey, Sandringham College, VIC
- Two Eyes by Lincoln Brown, Mansfield State High School, QLD
We will be publishing all our winning entries over the coming days and weeks. We also encourage you to read our Judges Report by clicking the link below:
Please take the time to read our Judges Report here for further insight AND…
We’ve just opened entries for our Term 3 comp with the theme of “Voice” 🎤🎙
Please spread the word to your students, friends, membership base, children, social networks, and anyone you think would be interested in submitting their work for the chance to win terrific prizes while flexing their creative muscle. We’d love to read their entries!
Thanks for your ongoing support, we’ll be contacting our winners in the next few weeks to organise delivery of prizes and certificates.
Joe and Bec