Congrats to our Term 3 ‘Voice’ Competition Winners 👏👏👏👏. Wow what an amazing bunch of writers we have in our community! We say it every year and every term but the fact remains that you guys make it so difficult for us to choose winning entries but choose we must.
This term we have familiar names return to the winners’ circle including past winners which is something to celebrate. Congratulations go to everyone who entered, to write a story is a victory in itself and regardless of whether you are named in the winning entries or not, the greatest prize is to have written a story that is yours and yours alone.
A big thanks to our wonderful sponsors at Express Media, VentraIP Australia, StoryCraft Creative Writing Workshops Mornington Peninsula News Group and Bing Lee for your generosity and supporting our next generation of writers.
Without further ado, it is an honour to present to you our winners.
Year 10 – 12 Winners
🥇First Place – To Dance on Air in the Heart of Cuba by Amelia Tu, Shalom College, QLD
🥈Second Place – Boy’s Club by Kierah Hayward, Homeschooled
🥉Third Place – Rope by Nigella Gillard, Kolbe Catholic College, WA
Year 7 – 9 Winners
🥇First Place – , etc. by Adrita Saha, James Ruse Agricultural School, NSW
🥈Second Place – A Lime-green Jacket and a Second Chance by Dulara Jayasekara, Mount Waverley Secondary School, VIC
🥉Third Place – I Was Once a Teen Girl Too by Shenaya Sinah, Tara Anglican School for Girls, NSW
📢 Mornington Peninsula Local Writer’s Award
🌟 The Starling and the Fairywren by Jocia Power, Mount Eliza Secondary College
📣 Honourable Mentions – Senior Division (Years 10 – 12)
Congratulations to the writers receiving Honourable Mentions for their stories in our Senior Division of Term 3’s ‘Voice’ comp, you should be proud of your achievement. We will do our best to publish all winning entries over the course of the term.
- Our Way Forward by Zara Lawrence, All Hallows’ School, QLD
- Dear Sapling by Mia James, Mount St Benedict College, NSW
- You by Olivia Luu, Cerdon College, NSW
- Noise by Jeremy Rusli, Mansfield State High School, QLD
- The Colour of Violence by Anonymous, Alia College, VIC
- The Inbetween by Anonymous, St Bede’s College, VIC
- Revolution by Emily Brown, Home Education Unit, QLD
- Breaking Anxiety’s Silence by Grace Boutros, St Charbel’s College, NSW
- A Coward’s Move by Lily Turbill, Albany Senior High School, WA
- Voice by Pen by Doris Wei, Mansfield State High School, QLD
- The Melodramatic Poet by Veronica Keelan-Slight, Mackillop College, NSW
Congratulations to the writers receiving Honourable Mentions for their stories in our Junior Division of Term 3’s ‘Voice’ comp, great work, you and your school community should be very proud of your work. We will do our best to publish all winning entries over the course of the term.
- Echoes of Unity by Jack Blaney, Brisbane State High School, QLD
- Forest Song by Karunamuni Sanuli Karunaratne, Marist Regional College, TAS
- Sincerely, the Voice in Your Head by Charlotte Brown, Ravenswood School for Girls, NSW
- Voices by Dev Raval, Churchie School, QLD
- Straitjacket by Hannah Yu, Abbotsleigh School, NSW
- Silent or BOLD. You pick by Anwesha Poddar, Baulkham Hills High School, NSW
- Blacked Out Praise by Annabelle Djaja, Hornsby Girls’ High School, NSW
- Dystopia by Isabella Chalker, Bunbury Senior High School, WA
- The Voice of Music by Indigo Leyland, St Mary’s Catholic College. QLD
- The Sad Voice of Society by Chloe Tabet, Tara Anglican School for Girls, NSW
- Red Thread by Mythri Sarker, Hurlstone Agricultural School, NSW
We will be publishing all our winning entries over the coming days and weeks. We also encourage you to read our Judges Report by clicking the link below:
Please take the time to read our Judges Report here for further insight AND…
We’ve just opened entries for our Term 4 comp with the theme of “Magic” 🎤🎙
Please spread the word to your students, friends, membership base, children, social networks, and anyone you think would be interested in submitting their work for the chance to win terrific prizes while flexing their creative muscle. We’d love to read their entries!
Thanks for your ongoing support, we’ll be contacting our winners in the next few weeks to organise delivery of prizes and certificates.
Joe and Bec